A Little Dental Trivia Quiz
To celebrate James Holzhauer’s amazing winning streak on Jeopardy, here’s a little dental trivia quiz for you! It has some fun tidbits to share with your patients – and some good knowledge for you as well. And next time you are playing trivia at the local bar and the topic is “Dentistry” – go wild!!
The answers are at the end. No cheating!!
1) In what setting was the first commercial toothbrush (similar to what we use today) invented?
2) What is the number one cause of tooth loss in people under the age of 35?
a) Periodontal disease
b) Eating a diet high in sugar
c) Opening bottles with teeth
3) In what year did the first electric toothbrush appear?
4) 100 years ago, what percentage of adults in North America were completely toothless?
5) What does “TBSE” stand for?
a) The Beatles Sound Excellent
b) Think before saying expletives
c) The Best Sex Ever
d) The Best Seminar Ever
1) B (prison) In 1770, an Englishman who was serving time for inciting a riot created a toothbrush out of an animal bone and bristles. Hopefully it got him some time off.
2) D (accidents). But periodontal disease is the number one cause of tooth loss in adults older than 35. Make sure your dental patients know that their preventive visits are not “just a cleaning!”
3) B (1938) Before that, we had to use acoustic toothbrushes.
4) C (50%) Tooth loss was so common, it was routine to give dentures as a wedding gift. So even back then people could register for “plates.”
5) D – The Best Seminar Ever! Are you coming to this awesome dental seminar in Vegas this year? You sure should be!! Check out www.tbse.com to find out why attendees name TBSE “The Best Seminar Ever!” year after year!!
Talk to you soon,
The Madow Brothers
P.S. If you have any questions, always feel free to call us at 1-800-258-0060.
Forward this message to a friend
Did you enjoy these dental facts for dental trivia? These fun dental facts can be used in your next dental team meeting and you could be the next cool dental group.
Here are some dental facts as well:
- 26% of adults aged 65 or older have eight or fewer teeth. Tooth loss in older adults decreased by more than 30% from 27% in 1999-2004 to 17% in 2011-2016 according to CDC
- Nearly half of all adults aged 30 years or older show signs of gum disease in the United States; severe gum disease affects about 9% of adults according to CDC. Proper dental care is important for dental health.
- Using manual toothbrushes or sonic toothbrushes are effective at removing plaque and good for oral health.
- Teeth whitening can last up to 2-3 years or as little as 6 months. It varies from individual to individual. Check with your local dentist for proper dental treatments and a proper treatment plan can be scheduled.
- Cosmetic dentistry can improve the health and function of your teeth.
- According to the National Dental Care, brushing your teeth three times a day for two minutes each time can burn more than 3,500 calories a year. Does it matter the brush head of your toothbrush? Actually you get more mileage out of toothbrush with a smaller head.
Meet the Madow Brothers
Dr. David Madow
Influencer, Speaker, Author & Coach at The David Madow Lifestyle Show + Co-founder of The Madow Center for Dental Practice Success. Dr. Dave offers continuing education through many online classes and in person events.
Dr. Richard Madow
International Keynote Speaker, Author, Award Winning Musician & Composer, Coach and Co-founder of The Madow Center for Dental Practice Success. Dr. Rich offers continuing education through many online classes and in person events.