|To celebrate James Holzhauer’s amazing winning streak on Jeopardy, here’s a little dental trivia quiz for you! It has some fun tidbits to share with your patients – and some good knowledge for you as well. And next time you are playing trivia at the local bar and the topic is “Dentistry” – go wild!!
The answers are at the end. No cheating!!
1) In what setting was the first commercial toothbrush (similar to what we use today) invented?
2) What is the number one cause of tooth loss in people under the age of 35?
a) Periodontal disease
b) Eating a diet high in sugar
c) Opening bottles with teeth
3) In what year did the first electric toothbrush appear?
4) 100 years ago, what percentage of adults in North America were completely toothless?
5) What does “TBSE” stand for?
a) The Beatles Sound Excellent
b) Think before saying expletives
c) The Best Sex Ever
d) The Best Seminar Ever
1) B (prison) In 1770, an Englishman who was serving time for inciting a riot created a toothbrush out of an animal bone and bristles. Hopefully it got him some time off.
2) D (accidents). But periodontal disease is the number one cause of tooth loss in adults older than 35. Make sure your dental patients know that their preventive visits are not “just a cleaning!”
3) B (1938) Before that, we had to use acoustic toothbrushes.
4) C (50%) Tooth loss was so common, it was routine to give dentures as a wedding gift. So even back then people could register for “plates.”
5) D – The Best Seminar Ever! Are you coming to this awesome dental seminar in Vegas this year? You sure should be!! Check out www.tbse.com to find out why attendees name TBSE “The Best Seminar Ever!” year after year!!
Talk to you soon,
The Madow Brothers
P.S. If you have any questions, always feel free to call us at 1-800-258-0060.
P.S. #2: Want to learn more about growing your practice, increasing your income and enjoying dentistry more with Madow Success Coaching? Click here to attend our upcoming Masterclass For Dentists!
Forward this message to a friend