The Flip video camera is one of the coolest gadgets for the dental office that we have ever seen! At less than $150, it’s something that every single one of you should have. You may remember a short time ago we shared with you “Six Great Uses for the Flip Video.” In case you are a new member or perhaps you would like a refresher, here are the six great uses:
1) Patient testimonials. This is the first thing you will do with your Flip! It’s so easy to get a great recommendation from a patient up on your website, blog or Facebook page. This is simple to do and patients love helping you with this!
2) Clinical demonstration. It’s so much easier than firing up the intraoral camera! Here’s a quick example. A patient doesn’t really appreciate what perio probing is all about. Using the Flip, show them a few areas where the probe sinks in with a little bleeding. You will be amazed how much more seriously they take periodontal disease after this five second demo.
3) Dress rehearsal. Go into a quiet room, set the Flip on a desk or mini-tripod, and practice a treatment plan presentation or, for the business staff, a presentation of a financial arrangement. Seeing yourself do it on video will cause huge improvements as you tweak your skills. Again, it’s simple with the Flip.
4) Patient relations. A great patient who has referred lots of others is having a birthday. Won’t they be surprised and flattered when a personal “Happy Birthday” video featuring the entire staff shows up in their email box? What they may not know is that with the Flip, the whole thing took less than a minute!
5) Team education. There’s an important issue being discussed at a team meeting, but someone is out sick. Pop open the Flip and they can watch it at home or when they return to the office. Nothing like seeing the real thing instead of a watered down rehash!
6) Easy reminders. Ever go to a dental meeting and talk to so many vendors you can’t remember what is what when you return to the office? Pull out your Flip to record some key pointers, and that little problem goes away!
Since we wrote that article, we have come up with so many more uses for your Flip. Today we’ll share one of them. It’s something that our SMMS (Social Media Marketing Summit) graduates are now doing with great success. You simply record a very short dental health tip and post it to your Facebook fan page, Tweet it, and use it in your weekly email blast to your followers. It’s a very important way to keep your followers interested. One idea for a video would be “Three Things You Can Bring With You on Your Vacation That You Can Use in Case of a Dental Emergency.” People love this kind of information and you come across as someone who is giving great advice and not selling. There are tons of subjects on which you could make a short little video! Stay tuned for more.
By the way, speaking of the Flip video, we will be giving one away at our Detroit Dinner Seminar tomorrow night. That’s right, one lucky attendee will walk away totally set up, ready to go out and begin using the Flip!
Speaking of our dinner seminar, if you are anywhere near the Detroit area and would like to join us for dinner tomorrow night (Tuesday, February 16) followed by a 90 minute information packed learning session, please call 1-888-88-MADOW to reserve your space. We will be helping you with social media, profitable dental scheduling, getting new patients, and lots more. The evening is totally free (that’s correct, we are paying). If you are not near the Detroit area, let us know where you are and perhaps we can arrange to do the same in your area! We love this stuff!
In the meantime, please get your Flips going, record a great video, and share it with the world! That’s right… “Show us your FLIP!!!” See you next time.