Dental Marketing for October 2021
To help you plan for the best October ever, I’m sharing some marketing (growth) tips and ideas with you, ideas that when implemented will keep things fresh and fun in your office. More importantly, they will exceed your current patients’ and potential patients’ expectations which will allow you to focus on doing what you do best, helping your patients achieve healthy and beautiful smiles. Why? Because exceeding your patients’ expectations will help keep them loyal to your office.
Marketing (Growth & Patient Retention) Ideas
October is National Dental Hygiene Month –
Hygienist Appreciation Spotlight – Share a photo and some fun facts about your hygienist(s) on your social media platforms.
All month-long share posts and short videos on your social media platforms regarding the importance of regular preventive dental visits to the dentist.
Candy Buy Back – Host a Candy Buy Back Event for your patients and potential patients within the community.
Football Season – A great way to have more fun as a team, with your patients, and engage with the community is to celebrate football season and support your favorite teams. Check out these ideas:
Special football themed day(s) in the office:
- Wear your favorite football team gear.
- Encourage your patients to dress up too.
- Decorate the office.
- Take lots of pictures to share on your social media pages.
- Set up a photo booth area with fun football-related props.
- Serve football & tailgate foods & bottled water.
- Hand out some patient appreciation gifts such as imprinted lip balm, football shaped/decorated treats, etc.
- Consider inviting local businesses & referring offices to celebrate with you.
More ideas to celebrate football season:
- Special Offers on Sport Mouthguards
- Post sports related dental health tips on your social media pages.
- Cheer on your local football teams via your social media platforms.
- Sponsor a local football team.
- Have a raffle to win football game tickets or a football-themed gift basket to encourage Facebook Likes, Check-ins, Referrals, and Reviews on Google,and Facebook
- Deliver football-themed snacks and gifts to local businesses and specialists.
October is Apple Month – Create a hand-out for your patients listing the best local cider mills and apple orchards. Include any fall-themed events taking place in your community. You can also post local fall-themed community events to your office Facebook page.
Gift ideas for your patients and/or local businesses
· Basket Of Apples w/ Caramel Sauce
· Apple Cider & Donuts
· Apple Pie
Patient & Community Dental Health Education Idea:
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
In 2020, more than 2.3 million women were diagnosed with breast cancer worldwide. About 1 in 8 women will develop invasive Breast Cancer over the course of their lifetime.
Your dental practice choosing to support Breast Cancer Awareness month is a great way to show your patients and the community that you care.
How can your dental office participate?
Work together as a team to decide how you will promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Raise awareness, How? Here are a few areas to consider:
- Collect donations for a charity, which foundation/charity will the donations go to?
- Office Decorations, What? Who? and from Where?
- Photo Backdrop & Pink Props
- Social Media Sites – Use these platforms to raise awareness, discuss dental health tips, share office happenings, and contest details, etc.
- Production & Product Sales – (Portion of sales will be donated to… )
- Contests for Prizes
- Giveaways – (ex: pink imprinted lip balm, pink wrapped chocolates, pink nail polish, little pumpkins, etc.)
- Special in office Event (ex: Pink Day)
- Community – Get involved with a local BCA event(s)
- Wear Pink (gloves, scrubs, masks, socks, etc)
- Invite your patients to wear pink to their appts.
- Involve your local news media with a press release
Social Media Post Content Ideas to Improve Engagement during the Month of October ~
Dental marketing for October 2021
October 1st: World Smile Day
October 11th: National Kick Butt Day
October 20-21st: International Kissing Day
October 28th: National Chocolate Day
October 30th: National Candy Corn Day
Betty Hayden one of our fabulous coaches at The Madow Center For Dental Practice Success. She has over 25 years of experience in the dental profession. Her expertise is in effective telephone answering techniques, profitable scheduling, marketing campaigns, communication, social media, new patient acquisition, practice growth, and much more.She is called “The Idea Woman” because she grows practices!