Dr. Richard Madow has compiled fifteen tips or “Rules of Life” of his own to help with your practice and your life. (Okay – one was “borrowed” from the great Bob Dylan.) So without further ado, here are “Rich’s Rules.”
Rich’s Rules of Life
1. Always listen to someone else’s opinion or side of a story. No matter how much you dislike what you are hearing, at least try to understand the other person’s viewpoint.
2. Don’t dwell on the past. There’s no future in it.
3. Expect the best from people. They just might surprise you!!
4. There’s a fine line between a mensch and a schmuck.
5. The key to 90% of problems is patience.
6. When something irritates you, ask yourself – will this matter one hour from now? Will it matter one day from now? One week? One month? One year? You will find out most things that irritate us don’t really matter very much!
7. Inaction is just another form of making a decision, and it may be the wrong one.
8. It’s never too late to do the right thing
9. You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
10. Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
11. Things that are easy can be done by anyone. Do something difficult.
12. Many great things started with a dream and someone saying it couldn’t be done.
13.When someone keeps telling you how honest they are, it’s time to start counting your spoons.
14. Most doors in life are closed. To get in, your knock better be different than everyone else’s!
15. If it smells like dogshit everywhere you go, it’s time to look at the bottom of your own shoes.
Interested in growing your dental practice? Sign up for a complimentary PRACTICE SNAPSHOT