A few weeks ago we talked about the fantastically easy to use and inexpensive Flip Video Camera. Since then, hundreds of you have written back to tell us how much you love your Flips! What we didn’t realize was how many different uses they have in the dental office. Here are just a few of the many things you can do with a Flip in your practice.
1) Patient testimonials. This is the first thing you will do with your Flip! It’s so easy to get a great recommendation from a patient up on your website, blog or Facebook page. This is simple to do and patients love helping you with this!
2) Clinical demonstration. It’s so much easier than firing up the intraoral camera! Here’s a quick example. A patient doesn’t really appreciate what perio probing is all about. Using the Flip, show them a few areas where the probe sinks in with a little bleeding. You will be amazed how much more seriously they take periodontal disease after this five second demo.
3) Dress rehearsal. Go into a quiet room, set the Flip on a desk or mini-tripod, and practice a treatment plan presentation or, for the business staff, a presentation of a financial arrangement. Seeing yourself do it on video will cause huge improvements as you tweak your skills. Again, it’s simple with the Flip.
4) Patient relations. A great patient who has referred lots of others is having a birthday. Won’t they be surprised and flattered when a personal “Happy Birthday” video featuring the entire staff shows up in their email box? What they may not know is that with the Flip, the whole thing took less than a minute!
5) Team education. There’s an important issue being discussed at a team meeting, but someone is out sick. Pop open the Flip and they can watch it at home or when they return to the office. Nothing like seeing the real thing instead of a watered down rehash!
6) Easy reminders. Ever go to a dental meeting and talk to so many vendors you can’t remember what is what when you return to the office? Pull out your Flip to record some key pointers, and that little problem goes away!
And this is just scratching the surface. Once you get started, you’ll find hundreds of uses for this incredible gadget. You can pick one up for about $130, so it is a total no brainer!
The coolest thing is, they are so portable, you can take it anywhere! To prove that point, take a look at this quick video that was recorded in a place where video cameras are not really allowed to go!!