These days the most innovative and successful dentists are tweeting! That means they are on Twitter? Are you?
In case you have been living in a cave for the past couple of years, Twitter is a major force in social networking that is gaining more popularity every day. Currently there are roughly 18 million users sending out about FOUR BILLION tweets per quarter.
Twitter is a micro-blogging service where users send out short messages (140 characters or less) very similar to text messages on phones.
Why should you care?
1. Anything you say on Twitter will be seen by Google. So mentioning the two words “dentist Chicago” in a tweet will help YOU come up closer to the top when someone in your area is searching for a dentist! And it’s free!
2. People in your area are now looking on Twitter for recommendations of a good dentist. You should be the one they find.
3. You can actually search on Twitter for people in your area that are looking for a dentist! It doesn’t get much better than this! A recent search on Twitter for “dentist Chicago” yielded numerous results, one example was “Does anyone know of a good dentist here in Chicago?” A no-brainer as far as we’re concerned.
4. Dentists on Twitter are filling holes in their schedules by sending out tweets such as “We have a 1:30PM opening today.” They offer an incentive to schedule now. Just ask Dr. Bodak in Media, PA how this is working for him!
5. Dentists are gaining community followers by tweeting about local news: “Who is running in the Mother’s Day 5K? Our entire team will be there!”
6. Dr. Joe Hair in Georgia tweeted updates to his patients during a recent flood. Do you think his patients felt more connected to him afterwards? You bet!
It is our strong opinion that dentists that understand how to have a presence on Twitter will have an incredible advantage over other dentists in their area. We are already seeing it from offices that have completed our Social Media Marketing Summit. Our suggestion is that you sign up for your free Twitter account at www.twitter.com and begin having a presence today. If you have any questions about how to get going, feel free to call us at 1-888-88-MADOW. We are here to help you. There is no charge for the phone call! You should make it a point to get started today!
Once you are on Twitter, follow us at www.twitter.com/madowgroup to get ideas!
Remember… in the “old days,” dentists were able to grow their practices via referrals and word of mouth. These days there are much better and faster ways to grow your practice. You gotta get with the times!
Talk to you soon!